Login Registrati Connettiti via Facebook

Non sei registrato o connesso al forum.
Effettua la registrazione gratuita o il login per poter sfruttare tutte le funzionalità del forum e rimuovere ogni forma di pubblicità invasiva.

Condividi:
Lucas Hamilton

Da leggere.

Rispondi
Bonjour Lucas, peux-tu tout d’abord te présenter à nos lecteurs ?

Je m’appelle Lucas Hamilton, et je suis un jeune coureur originaire d’une petite ville de campagne en Australie, nommée Ararat. Je cours actuellement pour la formation Mitchelton-Scott, ainsi que pour la sélection nationale australienne U23 lors les épreuves européennes. C’est d’ailleurs ma seconde saison en Europe.

Quand as-tu commencé le vélo, et pourquoi as-tu choisi ce sport ?

J’ai débuté lorsque j’avais environ 12 ans. Mon père faisait du vélo, et du coup, toute la famille s’est inscrite dans un club local. Je suis donc parti d’une activité familiale, pour ensuite rejoindre la sélection de l’état de Victoria, et enfin l’équipe nationale, au moment où c’est devenu plus qu’une simple activité que je pratiquais le week-end.

As-tu également essayé d’autres sports dans le même temps ?

Nous étions une famille plutôt active, donc je me suis impliqué dans pas mal de sports à Ararat. J’ai entre autres pratiqué le football australien avec mon frère avant de débuter le vélo. Il y avait une petite compétition locale, mais le niveau était très relevé, donc ça occupait la plupart de nos week-ends.

Avant de passer à tes performances, peux-tu nous dire quel profil de coureur tu penses avoir ?

Je me considérerais comme un coureur de classements généraux, qui apprécie les courses par étapes au profil accidenté. J’apprécie également beaucoup les courses d’un jour vallonnées.

Avec Jay Hindley et Michael Storer, tu représentes la nouvelle génération australienne, êtes-vous ami, et y a t-il une sorte de compétition entre vous au niveau des performances ?

Nous nous entendons vraiment bien, et sommes tous les trois de très bons amis. Nous voulons toujours donner notre maximum, et en quelque sorte nous nous poussons les uns de manière très saine, et en tant qu’équipe, cela nous stimule et nous aide à nous améliorer.

Vous êtes comme tu le disais tous les trois membres de la même équipe. Est-ce que la réserve d’Orica-Scott est à ton avis le meilleur moyen pour vous de progresser et de rejoindre ensuite éventuellement le World-Tour avec Orica ?

L’équipe Mitchelton-Scott est fantastique! Nous sommes tous très chanceux d’avoir cette opportunité, nous procurant un environnement qui permet à nos carrières de se lancer. Pour le moment, nous sommes néanmoins concentrés sur le Baby Giro, où nous aurons un objectif en tant qu’équipe, mais l’an prochain, j’adorerais pouvoir rejoindre le World-Tour. C’est mon rêve depuis que j’ai commencé le cyclisme, et avoir cette opportunité de le réaliser, je trouve ça super enthousiasmant.

Après un très bon début d’année en Australie, tu as enchaîne avec un très bon début de saison européenne, est-ce que ça t’a surpris de pouvoir continuer sur ta lancée ?

J’ai beaucoup appris de ma première saison en Europe l’an passé, et je pense que par conséquent, je me suis mieux préparé pour affronter cette période. Je suis donc très heureux de la manière dont les choses ont débuté, car je ne savais pas vraiment comment je me situerais en terme de forme, après un gros été en Australie. Globalement, on peut dire que toute l’équipe a été très forte pour ce début de saison européen.

Qu’est-ce qui est le plus important pour un jeune coureur australien, briller pendant « L’été australien » en début d’année, ou pendant la saison européenne ?

Notre été australien nous offre une belle opportunité de courir contre les meilleurs coureurs du monde, et nous accumulons donc beaucoup d’expérience pendant cette période. Je pense que les deux sont importants, mais pour des raisons différentes. Être capable de performer en Europe, loin de la maison et sans être familier avec l’environnement est la clé, mais en Australie, tu cours avec des coureurs comme Chris Froome, et c’est génial de pouvoir se mesurer au gratin mondial en courant à ce niveau.

Quels seront tes objectifs pour la seconde partie de la saison ?

De nombreuses courses que nous avons disputé, comme Liège-Bastogne-Liège étaient des objectifs, et pour la deuxième partie de saison, les grandes courses par étapes comme le Tour de l’Avenir et le Baby-Giro seront des objectifs, que ce soit pour moi-même ou pour l’équipe.

Pour finir, si tu pouvais gagner seulement une course, laquelle choisirais-tu ?

Le Tour de France.

Velo-club.net

Rispondi
Hamilton seals overall victory at the Tour of Alsace

Australia’s next generation of cycling talent came to the fore again this weekend as Mitchelton-SCOTT rider Lucas Hamilton secured the overall victory at the Tour of Alsace racing in the colours of the Australian National U23 team.

The team performed a near clean sweep at the five-day race with Hamilton winning the mountains and youth classifications along with the overall, the team also secured victory in the best team category.

Following excellent results and podium spots for Michael Storer at the Giro Valle d’Aosta and Jai Hindley and Hamilton at the Baby Giro in recent weeks the team have carried their form into the heart of the summer as the prestigious and important Tour de l’Avenir approaches.

A strong performance on stage two saw Hamilton claim second on the stage and take hold of the mountain's jersey on the climb of La Planche des Belles Filles with Hindley and Storer also climbing strongly to finish in the top ten.

A display of team strength on stage three saw Hamilton move into the race lead as yet again Hindley and Storer also finished in the top twenty and the team prepared for an intense final stage.

An early breakaway slipped away and posing no threat to Hamilton’s lead, the move was allowed the rope to stay clear for most of the stage. With a flat sprint finish on the cards the race came back together within the final kilometre with Fabio Jakobsen (SEG-Racing) taking the win and Hamilton finishing safely in the field to seal the overall victory.

“It was a really hard five days of racing,” said Hamilton. “Firstly I have to thank the team who have been amazing throughout, the way they took the race to the competition was spectacular and we knew that Saturday’s stage in the mountains wasn’t suited to everyone and the guys rode hard from the start to put pressure on.”

“We controlled the race very well and once we moved into the race lead our performance was faultless, we communicated really well and raced as a unit. I’m so happy to have been able to pull off the win, I’ve had a lot of second places this year so to be able to finish it off and climb on to the top step of the podium is wonderful.”

Sport director James Victor praised the maturity of the team and the confidence they have developed after a series of strong performances throughout 2017.

“You dream about this kind of situation,” explained Victor. “And having a team strong enough and capable enough of pulling it off and the result is a real testament to the hard work the boys have been putting in. Lucas wasn’t even supposed to be doing this race after crashing out of Aosta, but he asked to come in to get more race days and he really performed well.”

“The rest of the team did a great job, both Michael and Jai had strong results of their own and once we moved into the race lead everyone rode intelligently and protected Lucas and the jersey.

“After the team's performance on Saturday, riding hard from kilometre five and taking the race to the competition you could see that the whole field was suffering and nobody wanted to chase any of the moves down and that played perfectly into our favour.

“Lucas has grown into a very strong leader and he dealt well with the pressures of the leader's jersey and communicated strongly with the team on the road. The boys have grown in stature and confidence and we can carry that into our next big objective at the Tour de l’Avenir in a couple of weeks time.”

greenedgecycling.com

Non doveva neanche partecipare e invece poi ha vinto Applausi

Rispondi
Lucas Hamilton aiming to finish U23 career on a high. Baby Giro runner-up targeting Tour de L'Avenir

After an early-season of close results but no major victories, Lucas Hamilton broke through to take his first European win of 2017 at the Tour Alsace as he prepares for his major aim of the Tour de l'Avenir.

Aiming to join the WorldTour ranks in 2018, the Australian on the Mitchelton-Scott team fell sick at last year's Tour de l'Avenir but recovered to finish second on the last stage and seal the mountain's competition. In his second season at Under 23 level, Hamilton continued his progression, with second place finishes at the Baby Giro and U23 edition of Liege-Bastogne-Liege evidence of his ability.

"I didn't really have any expectation coming into the season," a modest Hamilton explained to Cyclingnews. "Obviously to wanted to perform. If you have asked me at the beginning of the season if I was happy with the position I am in now, I would be very happy. I have exceeded my expectations a little bit as it's been a really good season and I am happy with it."

Thanks to his results, including four second places in Italian one-day races, Hamilton feels there is "lot less pressure heading into the Tour de l'Avenir this year."

Hamilton's overall victory at the Tour Alsace victory was built upon his second place finish on stage 1 and his performance on stage 4. Stage 1 of the race took the peloton up the La Planche des Belles Filles finish just weeks after the Tour de France, where Fabio Aru claimed the stage win. Hamilton explained that he knew the finish from watching the race on television during July and used the knowledge to his advantage.

"We'd spoken about that climb being the same as what Aru had won on in the Tour and we knew the last two, three hundred meters was super steep and really hard," he said of the stage won by Markus Hoelgaard.

"That was always in the back of my mind, it was pretty cool. I remember watching that stage and remembering parts of it when I was riding up it during the race. Obviously the last bit I couldn't really take it in because I was pretty much full gas to the line. It was a cool experience to race up the exact same climb only a few weeks after the Tour went up."

Hamilton moved into the race led after the penultimate day and thanks to the work of his teammates, defended the jersey to erase some of the pain of his early season defeats.

"It was quite special to finally pull off the win. In that sort of tour, it was a really tough tour and raced really hard, I was really happy. Also, as a team we rode the race really strong and controlled it. Everyone was really happy that we could pull off the win."

Adding to the sweetness of the victory, Hamilton was not originally down to race Alsace after falling ill and crashing out of the Giro Valle d'Aosta in July.

"I was just going to be doing Aosta and build into l'Avenir but after missing the last two stages of Aosta I was pretty keen to get a few more race days in before l'Avenir just to build form. I asked James [Victor] if I could do Alsace and ended up doing it. Looking back, it was a pretty decision," an understated Hamilton added.

Every second counts at the Giro Baby

In recent years, the Giro Valle d'Aosta, Tour de l'Avenir and Ronde de Isard have been the top Under 23 stage races in Europe and 2017 saw the return of the Baby Giro to the calendar. A race Australians had historically done well at with Scott Davis and Matt Lloyd both finishing on the podium. Despite no previous experience of the race, Hamilton and teammate Jai Hindley both finished on the podium and won stages.

Having finished just nine seconds off the maglia rosa, Hamilton explained that believes the win was well within his grasp considering the unnecessary time he lost.

"There are lots of places I lost time where I don't think I needed to. There was a stage where I got caught up in a crash with three kilometres to go and then there was a split in the last 500 metres and they gave everyone caught up in the crash bunch time, they gave us second bunch time which was 16 seconds," he said.

"Obviously, if I could go back, that would be a big thing I would change. I think at the end of the day, it is all hindsight and you can look to where you can improve and work on it but the rest of the time you can't dwell too much because you have to keep pushing. Especially when you still have some big goals left for the season."

Rivals at the Tour de l'Avenir

In two-weeks time Hamilton will line out for the Australian team at the Tour de l'Avenir ready to challenge for the win but wary of the competition, name checking Pavel Sivakov (Russia) and Egan Bernal (Colombia) as two rivals.

"You can't go past Pavel Sivakov who has an outstanding season. He's won the Baby Giro and Aosta and Ronde de l'Isard. He's a big GC threat and there are other guys who have been consistent throughout the year and have had good results," he said.

"He's probably the favourite heading in. then there is the Colombian Egan Bernal but then in Under 23 ranks it is always predictably unpredictable so I think there will be plenty of guys up there climbing well. There are also a lot of flat and sharpish kind of stages that will be technical and quite stressful. The first six stage will be just as, if not more, important than the last three stages."

With the Tour de l'Avenir his August goal, Hamilton's September revolves around the Bergen Road Race World Championships on a course suited to his characteristics. First though, is a final shot at Tour de l'Avenir glory and the opportunity to podium at the 'mini' Giro and Tour de France.

Cyclingnews.com

Rispondi
“If I didn’t have Lucas there in the final, I wouldn’t have been that close to Richie at the end,” said Impey, “especially on the day that I won. He’s a young rider with a lot of potential.

https://www.sbs.com.au/cyclingcentral/ar...der-climbs

Rispondi
Ci ha messo molto meno a vincere tra i pro che tra i dilettanti.

Spero faccia il Giro, potrebbe essere un'ottima spalla per Yates.

Rispondi
Oggi ottimo, uno dei più pimpanti su un arrivo non troppo adatto a lui.

Lo aspetto a La Colmiane.

Quest'anno, finalmente, potrà avere tanto spazio per sé.

Rispondi
E' il vero numero tre, dopo Roglic e Schachmann, di questa Parigi-Nizza.

Tra i pro non lo avevo ancora visto così forte, ma si sapeva che aveva un motore importante.

E' bastato dargli in mano le chiavi e si è visto.

Rispondi
Finalmente lo hanno liberato da Simon Yates

Rispondi
Sarò volgare: ma che minchia gli è successo?
Sembra un cadavere ambulante...

Nel 2021 si è messo in proprio e stava andando piuttosto bene, poi al Tour cade nelle prime tappe e da lì il buio più totale.

Rispondi
Nel 2019 pensavo che avrebbe potuto diventare quello che poi è diventato Hindley

Rispondi

Vai al forum:

Utente(i) che stanno guardando questa discussione: 1 Ospite(i)