Login Registrati Connettiti via Facebook

Non sei registrato o connesso al forum.
Effettua la registrazione gratuita o il login per poter sfruttare tutte le funzionalità del forum e rimuovere ogni forma di pubblicità invasiva.

Condividi:
Alberto Bettiol
A rider on the cusp: Alberto Bettiol rides to sixth place at San Sebastian

While other teams do post-race write-ups for every race, we tend to reserve race reports for podiums, jerseys and other especially noteworthy events. Alberto Bettiol’s sixth place at San Sebastian today IS a noteworthy event – although it might not be obvious on paper.

The young Italian has gone from strength-to-strength this season. He has yet to net that big win, so his performances may fly ever-so-slightly under your radar. This is us putting you on notice. Keep Bettiol on your radar. We’re convinced he’s on the cusp of something big.

Michel Kwiatkowski (Team Sky) outsprinted Tony Gallopin (Lotto Soudal) and Bauke Mollema (Trek-Segafredo) for the win in San Sebastian today. The trio was part of a five-rider move that formed on the flat run-in to the finish line. Gallopin and Mollema had escaped over the final climb with Mikel Landa (Sky). First Kwiatowksi and then Tom Dumoulin (Sunweb) caught the leaders just beyond the final descent.

In their wake a group that included several pre-race favorites chased. Cannondale-Drapac was represented by Rigoberto Uran and Alberto Bettiol. Uran had came over the top as part of the third chase group. Bettiol clawed his way back to Uran on the descent.

“In the final I was feeling pretty good,” said Bettiol. “We had to help Rigo to catch the final kick from the front. We did, as always, good work with Rigo and put him in the best position.”

Uran had a dig on the last climb, and while he briefly made contact with the leaders, he faded slightly and was eventually reabsorbed by what was then group two on the road. Bettiol was one group further back, and on the steepest slopes of the climb, he dug deep to bridge the gap up to Uran.

“As soon as we hit the last kick on the climb, I looked down, and I didn’t think about anything,” said Bettiol. “I went full, full, full for one kilometer. At the end, I saw Rigo on the front with 10-12 guys. I was with four or five others just behind.

“As soon as we started down, I didn’t think about anything, we caught the Rigo group, but I didn’t really know what was happening ahead,” Bettiol added. “Then [sport director] Juanma [Garate] came on the radio and said five guys were in front with 15 seconds.”

The race flattened out just inside four kilometers left to race.

“I didn’t think about anything when we hit the final flat part,” said Bettiol. “I attacked at three kilometers to go in the tunnel. I gained a gap immediately, and that’s what I held to the line.”

Bettiol finished 28-seconds behind Kwiatkowski and 10-seconds ahead of the 17-riders that made up the next group to hit the line.

“I wasn’t sure if I would hang on to finish sixth,” said Bettiol. “I was really à bloc. In the end, Rigo said to me ‘good job’, and I was really proud of the teamwork that we did together. Even the other guys on the team, too. It’s like it always has been in the last two months.”

WHEN SIXTH PLACE IS MORE THAN SIXTH PLACE

Bettiol’s result in San Sebastian comes on the heels of his excellent Tour de France debut. He finished in fifth place on stage three on a day that drew out the likes of Peter Sagan (Bora – hansgrohe), Greg Van Avermaet (BMC) and Dan Martin (Quick-Step Floors). He punched well above his weight during the entire Tour in support of Uran. He’s shown strength and versatility on the flats and in the hills.

“Alberto has improved more than any rider on this team,” said Slipstream Sports CEO Jonathan Vaughters. “He started with us three years ago when he was just a baby. He wasn’t quite ready to be a pro, but we nurtured him along, and now he is one of our key riders. He will continue to move towards being one of the best one-day riders in the world.”

The vote of confidence from Vaughters is part of Bettiol’s broader objective this season. He aimed to prove that he could compete with the best by contending with the best, a further step in his growth and development.

“My goal at the start of the season was to win one race this year, whatever it is, and to keep growing up,” said Bettiol. “I’m not so young by experience but I’m young in age, and I still have more developing to do. My goal every year is to get better and better. I think this year I have shown my team and all the people, the staff working around me, that I can take another step forward.

“The season is not finished,” Bettiol added. “In this part of the season, I always go pretty well – like we saw last year. Tomorrow I will ride London. I can’t say how it will be, but for sure I will give 100 percent. Then I will approach the one-day classics we have coming with a good feeling and a good spirit, after a bit of rest of course.”

Bettiol credits the team, particularly the Tour group, for providing him with the support he needs to reach his potential. He believes Cannondale-Drapac as a whole is on an upswing, and he’s proud to be a part of it all.

“It’s been such a long time that I’ve worked with these same people,” said Bettiol. “More or less, we’ve been together for almost three months. These guys, as I said after the Tour, these guys are my second family. And I mean the staff and the sport directors, too. I’m really happy that I find myself in the perfect atmosphere.

“In this atmosphere, for sure, we’re going to do more great things like we did at the Tour, like we did in Dauphiné and California. We started good and we will finish better and better. I’m sure of it.”

Slipstreamsport.com

Rispondi
Ma è tanto più scarso di Tiesj Benoot questo qua?

A me pare di no.

Meno forte in salita (ma neanche troppo più scarso), ma superiore sul passo e allo sprint (qua non è che ci voglia molto).

Rispondi
Bettiol dichiara di voler tentare qualche classica l'anno prossimo. Vorrebbe tentare il Giro delle Fiandre, la Milano Sanremo e l'Amstel.

N.B. Ha detto che trova la Parigi-Roubaix pericolosa e per questo non ne farà parte :) :)

Rispondi
Oggi in cronaca a Eurosport e mi ha colpito. Simpaticissimo e molto acuto quando si tratta di parlare di ciclismo.
Ha un futuro quando tra molti anni si dovrà ritirare Sisi

Rispondi
(30-07-2017, 02:39 PM)Luciano Pagliarini Ha scritto: Ma è tanto più scarso di Tiesj Benoot questo qua?

Dopo oggi possiamo tranquillamente dire che è più forte Asd

Qualcuno dovrebbe spiegarmi il suo 2018, però.

Rispondi
Lo avrei visto più portato per vincere nelle Ardenne che nelle Fiandre (ennesima dimostrazione di quanto non capisca di ciclismo Asd).

Contento per lui, ora forse avrà finalmente i complimenti che meritava già da anni, sono stati esaltati per un sacco di tempo corridori che hanno mostrato molto meno di lui nelle corse che contano (gente tipo Ulissi).

Rispondi
Oggi ha fatto una cosa che ormai si vede pochissimo: staccare tutti i migliori nel punto clou della corsa ed arrivare da solo.
Non so se darà continuità a questo risultato, ma se è stata una one hit wonder tanto di cappello Applausi

Rispondi
(07-04-2019, 06:59 PM)Luciano Pagliarini Ha scritto:
(30-07-2017, 02:39 PM)Luciano Pagliarini Ha scritto: Ma è tanto più scarso di Tiesj Benoot questo qua?

Dopo oggi possiamo tranquillamente dire che è più forte Asd

Qualcuno dovrebbe spiegarmi il suo 2018, però.

Innanzitutto rompersi clavicola è costole alla Liegi e poi rompersela ancora a Plouay non è un grande inizio  Asd

Credo poi che non si sia trovato molto bene in BMC infatti già ad inizio stagione ha detto che non si era ambientato e che preferisce il gruppo EF

Rispondi
Ma le sue corse sono quasi tutte prima della Liegi.

1.WT2 Ardenne 18.04 80 198.5 km La Flèche Wallonne -
1.WT1 Ardenne 15.04 DNF 263.0 km Amstel Gold Race -
1.WT1 Monument 01.04 DNF 264.7 km Ronde van Vlaanderen -
1.WT3 One-day race 28.03 DNF 180.1 km Dwars door Vlaanderen -
1.WT1 Northern 25.03 121 250.8 km Gent - Wevelgem -
1.WT2 Northern 23.03 DNF 206.5 km E3 Harelbeke
1.WT3 One-day race 03.03 DNF 184.0 km Strade Bianche

Rispondi
Si si infatti non si era proprio trovato in BMC, almeno così ha detto lui tempo fa

Rispondi
Speriamo che non sia 'one hit'. Come scrivevo in un altro 3d mi auguro venga gestito al meglio.
Tanti corridori esaltati come baby fenomeni hanno generato aspettative altissime poi non concretizzate.
Non è colpa loro, perché non è facile. Ulissi probabilmente era quello e di piu non andava per limiti insormontabili. Bettiol era fortissimo da juniores, ha fatto solo un anno da under alla Mastromarco e poi è passato non sfruttato. Ha avuto tempo a crescere, maturare, fermato da vari infortuni, potremmo sperare di trovare un atleta, forte, integro, con ulteriori margini.
Vedremo, per me ha ancora molto da dire, sfortune permettendo.

Rispondi
Comunque rivedendo qualche immagine di quando correva in Bmc,è palese come sia dimagrito...lui stesso dice di aver perso 3 kg.

Rispondi
In EF sono tutti magri come non mai.

Non che sia una bella cosa.

Rispondi
Parole di GVA:

"Last year, I saw he had some potential but he was never at a super level in BMC. He rode all these races with me. His results weren't fantastic. I think he looks more sharp now and he probably trained better than last year. It's a talent and quite young. To me, it’s a surprise but I knew he had the capabilities, maybe not to win the Ronde but certainly to ride top-10. I think he’s a talent who realized that he’s got to do a bit more for it than just train for a few hours."

In pratica GVA ha avuto la sensazione che in BMC fosse un po' demotivato e pigro.

Rispondi
Intervista di Sporza post gara

Rispondi
(08-04-2019, 11:58 AM)Lambohbk Ha scritto: Parole di GVA:

"Last year, I saw he had some potential but he was never at a super level in BMC. He rode all these races with me. His results weren't fantastic. I think he looks more sharp now and he probably trained better than last year. It's a talent and quite young. To me, it’s a surprise but I knew he had the capabilities, maybe not to win the Ronde but certainly to ride top-10. I think he’s a talent who realized that he’s got to do a bit more for it than just train for a few hours."

In pratica GVA ha avuto la sensazione che in BMC fosse un po' demotivato e pigro.

sensazione confermata da Baldato.. e dallo stesso Bettiol

Rispondi
Comunque è impressionante anche quanto somigli di viso a Bartoli.

Rispondi
(09-04-2019, 11:17 AM)Hiko Ha scritto: Comunque è impressionante anche quanto somigli di viso a Bartoli.

Davvero Huh

[Immagine: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQkZyHEm010lOe_A_6OnVT...2n6r_JcVxn]

Rispondi
Già dopo il Fiandre parlava del Mondiale, nelle interviste pre-Tour parlava del Mondiale, durante il Tour ha detto "tutta fatica che mi servirà al Mondiale". Insomma, pare proprio aver puntato questo Mondiale da mesi, sacrificando in pieno il Tour.

Secondo me lo vedremo molto pimpante nei prossimi mesi

Rispondi
Oggi compie gli anni Bettiol. Sua mamma sta preparando i dolci per la festa di compleanno che faranno in famiglia e ha messo in forno i biscotti. Dopo un po’ chiama Bettiol e gli dice “Alberto sono cotti, sono tutti cotti”

Rispondi

Vai al forum:

Utente(i) che stanno guardando questa discussione: 2 Ospite(i)